Luke 4:2 – 4
THINGS THAT COME WITH AN UNFORGIVING ATTITUDE:
1. A legalistic, judgmental kind of an attitude that makes us tend to think we are better
FORGIVENESS ANALOGIES IN THE BIBLE:
1. To turn the key, open the cell and let the prisoner out.
2. To write across a bill, “nothing owed, paid in full.”
3. To pound the gavel in a courtroom and declare one “not guilty.”
4. To shoot an arrow so far it can never be found.
5. To take out the garbage leaving the house smelling fresh and clean.
6. To pull up the anchor setting the ship free to sail.
7. To grant a full pardon to a condemned criminal.
8. To loosen the stranglehold on the neck of an opponent or an enemy.
9. To sandblast graffiti off a wall leaving it clean.
10. To take a clay pot and smash it into a million pieces so it could never be put back together.
11. To once for all destroy the memory of an offense.
REASONS TO FORGIVE:
I. IF I FORGVE OTHERS, GOD WILL FORGIVE ME
Matt. 6:12, 14, 15
II. FORGIVENESS IS THE MOST GOD-LIKE THING WE CAN DO
III. THE SIXTH COMMANDMENT DEMANDS THAT WE FORGIVE
IV. WHOEVER HAS OFFENDED YOU HAS OFFENDED GOD MORE